Unofficial Transcripts

In most cases unofficial documents and/or transcripts are copies or downloads that are easily accessible to the student.
  • Unofficial documents and/or transcripts generally have no cost associated
  • Unofficial documents are generally needed BEFORE the deadlines listed in order to make your initial admissions decision. Official documents will need to be requested by the student before classes start.

Upload It

Log in to your admissions application account and upload your documents.
Transfer Students
Unofficial transcripts will NOT be used for official transfer credit evaluations. You will need to request official transcripts directly from the issuing school, institution or agency.

Official Transcripts

In most cases to be considered official, the document and/or transcript will need to come directly from the issuing school, institution or agency.
  • Sometimes there is a cost associated from the issuing school, institution or agency
  • Official documents are generally needed AFTER your initial admissions decision

Printed/Hard Copies

All printed/hard copies of official transcripts and/or documents must be in an official sealed envelope from the issuing school, institution or agency. These can be sent directly to MSU Denver from the issuing school, institution or agency. Official documents should generally not be in the possession of the student to remain official.

Official electronic transcripts and/or documents can only be delivered by the issuing institution via email. Forwarded transcripts will not be accepted as official.
Transfer Students
Official transcripts are used for official transfer credit evaluations to determine how credits will transfer in to your MSU Denver student record.

Why Both?

You can be admitted to MSU Denver by uploading an unofficial copy of your transcripts or scores to your application account. An admissions decision can be made based on the information you reported on your application and unofficial documents when needed. If you’re admitted, prior to attending, you will need to request that your official transcripts or GED scores (and official test scores if applicable) be sent from your school or institution. Transcripts should have a posted graduation date and final grades. Enrollment and financial aid can be impacted if you do not complete this step, so be sure to request them. If you will graduate from your current institution before you begin at MSU Denver, please wait to submit your transcripts until your final grades and graduation date have posted.
If you are an F-1 visa student, you are required to submit official documents for admission. Visit the international admissions page for more information.